- Players can send various Fruits to friends as Gifts.
- Players can find Fruits while digging for Treasures. It can be found anywhere on any Islands available in the game. There are no fixed locations to find them.
- Fruit is a reward for finding a Fruit Crate, which is found by digging. You can share the found Fruit Crate with your Neighbors on the News Feed.
- You can find Fruit by using the Wishing Well. Often this fruit comes in packs of 3 or more.
- Fruit is also a reward for increasing your Treasure Mastery level. This is done by trading in Treasures.
- By completing special maps, you are often awarded packs of normal fruit, and sometimes you can get special fruit usable only on that map.
- Side games like Monkey Nut often yields fruit, as do special Chests that you can find while playing.
While fruit is just one category of Energy, it comes in many forms.
Normal Fruit is often harvested from Garden Plots or found in various ways while digging. These fruits include Kiwis, Bananas, Mangoes and a few others. Normal fruit has an expiration date, represented as a number of days or hours left before it expires. Once a fruit has expired, it must be "toss"ed.
Golden fruit looks like normal fruit except that its gold. Golden fruit behaves just like its normal version, but has no expiration date. Golden fruits can be stored in your inventory indefinitely, so you can save them for Events that you want to finish quickly.
Special fruits behave differently than normal fruit. Two notable special fruits are the Lava Mango and Lava Pineapple which can only be used while in Fire God Mountain. These two fruits give 5 more energy than their normal counterparts and do not expire.
Other special fruits include seasonal items. Season items are available only during special seasonal Events. Two examples are Ghost Apple and Blood Orange which were only available during the 2010 Halloween Event.